Visible Haematuria Pathway - Adult Leeds
This pathway has been developed jointly by the Leeds CCG planned care leads, Continence Urology and Colorectal Service (CUCS)
and consultants from Urology, Urogynaecology and Elderly Medicine within LTHT.
Developed November 2014
Severe haemorrhage should be urgently admitted.
- U&E, creatinine, eGFR, HbA1C
- PSA (male > 40 years old) See Note 1
- Blood pressure
PSA should be checked in male patients (after counselling)
- Above the age of 50 years old, with greater than 10 years life expectancy.
- Between 40 - 50 years old with a family history of prostate cancer or of African descent
- With an abnormal feeling prostate
Refer to the Urology Hot Clinics via PCAL
Primary Care Access Line (PCAL)
Telephone: 0113 2065996
Monday - Friday: 7.00am to 10.00pm
Weekends and Bank Holidays: 8.00am to 10.00pm
Published: 18-Dec-2014, by Leeds
Valid until: 01-Dec-2016